THAT EASY VEGAN RECIPE FOR DAYS WHEN YOU HAVE NO TIME TO COOK
Or strength to go to the supermarket! I always keep frozen veggies for one of these recipes. In fact, you can buy bags of mixed wok veggies that are ideal for this recipe. Also, I recommend keeping frozen fajitas too. You microwave them for 15 seconds and they slightly toast them on each side just before eating – delicious!
THE SEASONING CHICO, IT NEVER LIE
The smokey taste will come from a good seasoning powder. For that, I just go but fajitas seasoning and make sure I add it – the typical brand is El Paso, but you can find each supermarket’s version as well. I recommend you add a bit to the oil when heating it (not for too long as it can get burned!), and then adding the soy on top. Once the top starts cooking, add more seasoning on top of it.
- 1 cup of dehydrated soy meat
- 1 cup of diced veggies: onions, broccoli, peppers, peas, green beans, etc
- 1 fajita
- Fajitas seasoning, as required
- Vegan mayo
- Put the dehydrated soy in water for at least 20 minutes and reserve.
- On a wok, sauteé different veggies (I have frozen wok veggies always ready – make sure you get extra frozen broccoli and peas!).
- On a different pan, cook on hot oil mixed with fajitas seasoning the soy (preciously well drained). Continue until it’s toasted on both sides. Make sure you let it cook on one side until toasted without mixing it too much so it gets toasted. If you think it gets too dry, you can always add a bit of boiling water to it whilst cooking.
- Slightly toast fajita on both sides (I keep these frozen too so I always have some ready!). Spread some vegan mayo on it (or guacamole!) and serve with the veggies and the soy meat. You can also put a bit of sriracha on top for an extra spicy flavour!