I love to prepare soups during the winter and freeze them! That way, you’ll always have a soup ready to go for a quick and nutritious dinner.
I recommend you prepare vegan soups, separate them into portions in different plastic containers, and, once cold, store them in the freezer. Vegetable soups can be stored perfectly for about 2-3 months.
BENEFITS OF EATING PUMPKIN
Pumpkin is very high in fibre and rich in vitamin A. Alsto, 94% of it is water, so it is very low in calories and ideal for a light, low-calorie vegan dinner.
2 slices of pumpkin, peeled and with no seeds
1 onion, chopped
1/2 tsp of cane sugar
1 vegetable stock cube
1/2 cup of white beans (or a small can)
1 tbsp of flaxseeds
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1/2 tsp of salt
pepper, as required
1. Cut the pumpkin into medium-sized cubes. Make sure it is well washed, without any skin or seeds.
2. Place the olive oil in a pan and heat it on medium heat for 2 minutes. Add the chopped onion with the sugar, lower the heat, and cook it until transparent and lightly browned, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
3. Add the pumpkin and cook it for 5 minutes. Then, add the vegetable stock with boiling water – the amount of water depends on how liquid you want the soup to be, I usually add about a cup.
4. Add salt, pepper and any other seasoning you prefer, stir well, and let it cook at medium heat again for 15 minutes.
5. Once the pumpkin is soft (if you prick it with a fork), it is ready. Add the cooked white beans. The white beans should be previously soaked in water overnight, removing all remaining liquid, and cooked in boiling water for 40 minutes. If you use a can or pot of white beans, add them directly to the soup as these are already cooked. Cook the soup for a few more minutes and then turn off the heat.
6. Add the flaxseeds and process the cream so it´s even and creamy. Ready to enjoy!
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.